WIsh I had had my Camera with me!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
topsy
BCSS Trustee
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

WIsh I had had my Camera with me!

Post by topsy »

Coming back at lunchtime today from visiting an Orchid nursery, traveling through our nearest village I espied a greenhouse bobbng along the pavement. It wasn't until i got past some parked cars that I saw it was being carried by two men. No glass in it and measuring about 8 foot x 6 foot, not too large, but still a strange sight.

Suzanne
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: WIsh I had had my Camera with me!

Post by el48tel »

There's a moral in that story .... keep one in the car!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Tony R
Branch: BROMLEY

Post by Tony R »

el48tel wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 pm There's a moral in that story .... keep one in the car!
Or buy an iPhone! :wink:
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Tony R wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:06 pm
el48tel wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 pm There's a moral in that story .... keep one in the car!
Or buy an iPhone! :wink:
"Other communication devices are available - details on request" :lol:
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Peter
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Peter »

They were probably following the sun. Didn't want to miss any.
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

What - a greenhouse? :wink:
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

rodsmith wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:58 am
What - a greenhouse? :wink:
Rod ... you may jest ... but I keep a couple of strong cardboard boxes and a couple of lengths of bubble wrap in the car for "cactus purchase transport" ... my wife attempts regularly to put them into the recycle bin ... I recover them as regularly. So I have a temporary greenhouse arrangement in the chariot! :lol:
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRIGHTON, HOVE & District
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

HI all,

Sun - we didn't get any of that on Saturday, fog/mist/damp/overcast. Sunday was good however, today back to gloop.

Suzanne
BrianMc
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by BrianMc »

I once saw two guys try to carry a 6 ft greenhouse, with the roof glazing in place, to a neighbours garden along the road.
They didn’t get very far before the first pane fell! :roll:
Especially interested in Mesembs. small Aloes and South African miniatures and bulbs.
Keen propagator and compulsive 'tickler'!
Instagram #myscottishgreenhouse