eNews Special Edition

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

eNews Special Edition

Post by Werewolf »

Look out for a special edition of eNews, which should be out later today. It contains an important message from BCSS Chairman Ian Thwaites inviting you to participate in an online survey to help determine the future shape and direction of the Society.

We've also made some changes to the distribution process, including registering a new email address with a different domain name with MailChimp, to hopefully rectify the issue of some ISPs, mail clients and malware programs classifying eNews as spam. Please let us know if you still have problems.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: eNews Special Edition

Post by Tony R »

eNews from British Cactus & Succulent Society <enews@bcss.org.uk>
arrived straight away in my Inbox without any problem. Thanks.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Arrived safely in inbox via outlook/virgin media which treated previous issues as spam
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Problem with question 7 the last four questions will only allow one of them to be rated
Ian Thwaites
BCSS Member
Branch: SPALDING
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Ian Thwaites »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:05 pm Problem with question 7 the last four questions will only allow one of them to be rated
Jim

You are right it isn’t clear. The idea is to choose the 4 most important elements for you and to place them in order. I have emailed the young lady who set the question to ask her to explain the rationale to people In the question. The society does lots of great things but what are the top 4 for you.

I’m hoping it will be an interesting return.

I didn’t have a chance to play with it as I have just returned from holiday and sufferering a bit with jet lag. Trying to stay awake till this evening.

Kind regards

Ian
Ian Thwaites
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Werewolf »

We've just become aware of the problem with question 7 and are taking steps to try to get the survey fixed (which was not created by the eNews team).

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Keith H »

Werewolf wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:19 pm We've just become aware of the problem with question 7 and are taking steps to try to get the survey fixed (which was not created by the eNews team).

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
I encountered the same problem so my answers to Q7 may as well be ignored which is a shame as it makes the survey in part pointless which is poignant as so much emphasis was put on the professional team running and interpreting the survey.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: DARTFORD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Arrived in my in box without any problem this time Graham, thanks! Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but I think I will hold back on the survey until I know the problem has been fixed.
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

I have received mine and completed it without a problem. We joined in October and I was previously missed off the list. My husband is an associate / additional member or whatever the term is, he doesn't receive the newsletter. Should he be able to participate in the survey? As it stands he can't.
Terry S.

Post by Terry S. »

Having trained Office 365 to accept the newsletters from the previous server, it has now junked the latest one again!