Diplosoma in a hurry

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Astro
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Diplosoma in a hurry

Post by Astro »

My 3-month-old Diplosoma luckhoffii seedlings seem to think that life is short and they may as well make the most of it. They escaped from their seed leaves and now a few look like they're getting ready to flower (one can be seen in the picture, with some Lithops seedlings as a reference for size). I know they're not terribly long-lived so maybe this is not abnormal.

They live in a lightbox with temperatures between 5-10 C at night an 20ish C during daytime (i.e. when the lights are on).
IMG_2127.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG (143.12 KiB) Viewed 854 times
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Diplosoma in a hurry

Post by iann »

Trying to be an annual :shock: I've not had them flower at 3 months old. Not had them live much beyond three years either, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong. All round weird plants.
Cheshire, UK
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Diplosoma in a hurry

Post by Aiko »

I have given up on these.