White pots  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
aloedanielo
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: White pots

Post by aloedanielo »

44EE352D-62F8-460D-9DD3-AE925948E5B4.jpeg
7B943B7E-6AF4-4A17-ACE1-8771D7B99B8D.jpeg
0567057B-E065-4701-AE19-5279B21A7AE0.jpeg
I did start off using only white pots however I have since moved to black primarily due to pot availability. White pots are tricky to come by and expensive. As others have said you spend more time tending to the pots than the plants. They do get mucky quickly and its almost impossible to pot up without leaving a soil smudge on the side. I still keep my more delicate cacti in white pots to remind me to bring them in over winter.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

" ......my more delicate cacti in white pots to remind me to bring them in over winter."

What an excellent idea - been giving some serious thought to coding for winter. Not long now!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
aloedanielo
BCSS Member

Post by aloedanielo »

el48tel wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 pm " ......my more delicate cacti in white pots to remind me to bring them in over winter."

What an excellent idea - been giving some serious thought to coding for winter. Not long now!
Thanks! :D

Don't say that! It was snowing here on Sunday so I don't feel like we're even out of winter yet :sad:
Chez2
BCSS Member

Post by Chez2 »

Slight deviation to thread. We only have white pots for inside.

For easy colour coding outdoor pots stick a plant label in them. White ones are for names, yellow means slightly tender, red labels means bring in first. That way my husband doesn't have to keep asking me which pot to bring in for winter.