Pinquiculas

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MikeDom
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: GLOUCESTER
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Pinquiculas

Post by MikeDom »

No problems Eric. Singly is best, it's worth noting they live in open grassland in habitat and not nutrient deprived peat bogs like other carnivorous plants like Drosera and Sarracenia tend to. Hence the use of JI to assist growth. Mine tend to grow and look like cabbages by the end of the season.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks Mike, so it's potting up singly, and a better compost for me this year. I have had these plants for many years and obviously not growing them to their true potential. Thanks for your help.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Here you go Mike. You can see they need some TLC lol. Cheers
image.jpeg
MikeDom
BCSS Member
Branch: GLOUCESTER

Post by MikeDom »

I wouldn't transplant them until winter Eric, they are sensitive to root disturbance and you need to transplant when they are dormant. Expose them to sun, stand in shallow water and keep them warm and they should get you through the year. I suggest adding a low nitrogen fertiliser to their water once a month and you should see them perk up. You've got the basis for a nice set of plants.
Mike

BCSS member 39216

Active grower of caudiciform succulents and mesembs. I don't really grow cacti (very often).
Ali Baba
BCSS Member
Branch: DOVER

Post by Ali Baba »

I have transplanted mine at this time of year with care and had no problems. As long as they aren’t in full leaf it should be fine
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Thanks both for helpful replies. I,m still learning about these plants. Cheers
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

I've grown a few of these for years to help keep the sciarid flies down. I've learnt a lot from this thread, thanks!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias