Today's flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Today's flowers

Post by Eric Williams »

Today's flowers. I took this pic. in landscape mode, and orientation was fine. Have I accidentally solved my iPad problem ? Cheers
image.jpeg
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Today's flowers

Post by el48tel »

Eric Williams wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:02 pm Today's flowers. I took this pic. in landscape mode, and orientation was fine. Have I accidentally solved my iPad problem ? Cheersimage.jpeg
If you took the image holding the i-Pad in Landscape with the orientation as "top is top" then you'll always get it right way up because the sensors in the i-Pad will set the top edge as top of image; if you rotate the i-Pad through 180 degrees you see the image as the right way up on the screen but internally it will be recorded as the top is at the bottom because that is where the top edge of the i-Pad was! So if you rotate the screen with the top long edge on the left and take a picture ---- then the top (of the object you took) you'll post on this forum is going to be on the right-hand edge of the screen.
Sorry Eric --- there's no magic fix --- the i-Pad has internal directional sensors to set the image on the screen to be always the top of object you see at top of screen --- but the image squirted out by the camera is set to be the long top edge of the screen is always the top of the output.
The fix is to use an image post processing app or computer program which rotates the image squirted out by the camera to be the same as the object you see at top of screen. There are loads out there ranging from free to hundreds of pounds. IRFANVIEW which is free has been recommended earlier to you but that's for WINDOWS PC. You load your image in - then save it as a new (processed) image to post here.
You might look at
https://www.imore.com/best-photo-editing-apps-ipad

OH --- and I loved your picture
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Hi el48. Thank you very much for that information, I will try to down load and use the app you suggested. The only odd thing is that this iPad problem only occurs when I upload the pic to this forum. I send other non cacti pics to other forums with both iPad orientations and have no trouble lol. Not the end of the world. Thanks again for your input. Cheers
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Eric Williams wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:52 pm Hi el48. Thank you very much for that information, I will try to down load and use the app you suggested. The only odd thing is that this iPad problem only occurs when I upload the pic to this forum. I send other non cacti pics to other forums with both iPad orientations and have no trouble lol. Not the end of the world. Thanks again for your input. Cheers
Yup - a problem with some other forums which I visit so you are not alone with the problem - just the way in which technology attempts to talk to the world!
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

I always use landscape mode, and it always comes out the right way up, although I don't often use the iPad for forum photos - prefer my camera and ability to edit the image on the PC.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

Hi Diane, I use the iPad for convenience really, as it's very quick to get a pic from green house to the forum. I have got to say that a picture that has been edited in some way (black background say) really enhances the picture especially flowers. There are some very good photographers on this forum, that's why I don't enter the monthly comp lol. Thanks
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Things are really getting moving!
Cheshire, UK
Eric Williams
BCSS Member

Post by Eric Williams »

You are right Ian, some water, and a bit of sun makes all the difference. The Turb alonsoi in front of pic.starts flowering early and flowers on and off for most of the Summer. One of my fav. plants. Cheers