In flower today

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: In flower today

Post by el48tel »

Wow
Some amazing plants whilst I have been away.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

Stuart wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:37 pm Yes, really nice Carmenae, I was selling them at the 1983 National, I'd seen them for the first time at C&Js in California in 1982 and imported a batch for the National. You must have been that young girl that spent all her pocket money on one, I remember it well.
Stuart
Ha ha! I like that idea Stuart. We were both much younger then, but, as you worked with my husband in the 1970s, we both know that I was too old to have pocket money in 1983! Seriously, it's quite a coincidence that you were there and selling those plants, so maybe it did come from you. Perhaps it should make a return trip to a National next year; just hope I can keep it going until then!
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
juster
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by juster »

A few more from today
Denmoza erythrocephala with its remarkable flowers
IMG_0701.JPG
Thelocactus saussieri
IMG_0705.JPG
Rebutia perplexa
IMG_0707.JPG
Sulcorebutia verticillacantha
IMG_0706.JPG
Echeveria longissima
IMG_0708.JPG
Croydon Branch member, growing mainly cacti and Echeverias
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Supercharged my soul
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
KathyM
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by KathyM »

I love the massive Rebutia perplexa.