Stenocactus hastatus seedling in flower

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter A
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Stenocactus hastatus seedling in flower

Post by Peter A »

Stenocactus hastatus. This is only three years old, and I was surprised when it started producing buds last Autumn. The seed was from the seed pool. Eight germinated. This one steamed ahead and grew gigantic. The rest, with the same soil and in the same seed tray, refused to grow larger than a pea and then gave up...
ASIStenocactus hastatus 20.4.10 1.jpg

Echinomastus mariposensis seedling flowering for the first time, on its own roots and now in its fourth year. I've several others the same age that haven't grown so quickly, but next year I ashould have at least two in flower and with luck will get seed. (It looks, though, as though it may be self-fertile: does anybody know?)
Attachments
ASIEchinomastus mariposensis 17.4.19 2.jpg
ASIEchinomastus mariposensis 15.4.19 1.jpg