login

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
el48tel
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: login

Post by el48tel »

Not being negative - but - there have also been several WINDOWS updates this week in preparation for the new 1809 O/S --- and Drivers for all kinds of things (from Graphics tablets to CPUs)
There have been all kinds of hiccups reported with software/apps
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

el48tel wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 2:13 pm Not being negative - but - there have also been several WINDOWS updates this week in preparation for the new 1809 O/S --- and Drivers for all kinds of things (from Graphics tablets to CPUs)
There have been all kinds of hiccups reported with software/apps
I had another Windows update this morning, after restart login to Forum (and main BCSS site) still working with Chrome
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Interesting .... not!
This morning I can access all of the forum but News and Events. I get 502 Bad Gateway or the request to login ... according to which part of the box on which I attempt to click.

Edited a few minutes later....
Tony Roberts was added a post at roughly the time I tried to access. The software must lock the forum area when you post making it inaccessible. This would also explain why you can lose a post which you attempt to post if someone else is doing the same at the same time to that thread.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Everything was working for me today until I tried the link to the BCSS Events Calendar from the New & Events forum, then I got this
sign in.JPG
sign in.JPG (19.17 KiB) Viewed 2613 times
pressing cancel gives 401 error
sign in 2.JPG
If I take the home link from forum the main BCSS site remembers I am logged in and I can follow the menu to the events calendar
el48tel
BCSS Member

Post by el48tel »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 pm Everything was working for me today until I tried the link to the BCSS Events Calendar from the New & Events forum, then I got this sign in.JPG

sign in 2.JPG
If I take the home link from forum the main BCSS site remembers I am logged in and I can follow the menu to the events calendar
pressing cancel just took me to the BCSS Home page
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Ok yes there is an issue but not sure what it is yet.

I do have a selection of up to date browsers which are all fine, however on an out of date chrome at work brought up log in box that has been reported.... and just had a thought while typing this and managed to reproduce it on an up to date browser, its tied up with www.bcss.org.uk, could be some redirects missing following the move. Will go and have a poke round the server.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 pm Everything was working for me today until I tried the link to the BCSS Events Calendar from the New & Events forum, then I got this sign in.JPG

Mended that one Jim.

Any address that uses www.bcss.org.uk will cause the problem not sure why yet, could be a name server issue.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Bill wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:40 pm Ok yes there is an issue but not sure what it is yet.

I do have a selection of up to date browsers which are all fine, however on an out of date chrome at work brought up log in box that has been reported.... and just had a thought while typing this and managed to reproduce it on an up to date browser, its tied up with www.bcss.org.uk, could be some redirects missing following the move. Will go and have a poke round the server.

Bill
Yes, your link above gives me a 'Login Box' using Firefox.
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Post by Eric Williams »

Hi Bill, my work around to get connected on my iPad was to Google bcss and I am in lol. Still cannot get in by my usual method of clicking on icon on my home page, but not worried. Cheers
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Bill wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:58 pm
Mended that one Jim.

Any address that uses www.bcss.org.uk will cause the problem not sure why yet, could be a name server issue.
Just tried the link that failed and it worked, then check branch website that has link to main society page and that failed as it used www.bcss.org.uk - might be a lot of pages (and shortcuts on peoples devices) that now have this problem