login

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LIVERPOOL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: login

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Eric Williams wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:11 pm Hi Bill, my work around to get connected on my iPad was to Google bcss and I am in lol. Still cannot get in by my usual method of clicking on icon on my home page, but not worried. Cheers
Eric - your icon probably tries to connect to www.bcss.org.uk to make it work it now needs to point to www.society.bcss.org.uk
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

ragamala wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:29 pm
Bill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 am I am not experiencing any issues via android or Windows, I will investahet further.

Bill
It's not necessarily a case Bill, as you probably know, of operating system, it's browser. Which browsers are you using? Presumably as web administrator you need and have multiple options available to check things out,

Alan
Yes - there have been some Browser updates recently too, and this will not aid the plight of the person(s) attempting to solve the problem
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 am
Eric Williams wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:11 pm Hi Bill, my work around to get connected on my iPad was to Google bcss and I am in lol. Still cannot get in by my usual method of clicking on icon on my home page, but not worried. Cheers
Eric - your icon probably tries to connect to www.bcss.org.uk to make it work it now needs to point to www.society.bcss.org.uk
My updated Opera browser has updated the address to http://society.bcss.org.uk ---- but still gives the login message
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Still not figured out what is generating the log on, I will be having a general clear oout of the files on that domain tonight hopefully it's a legacy file popped up from somewhere.

BILL

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Chris in Leeds
BCSS Member

Post by Chris in Leeds »

I haven't changed anything on my iPad and it still gets me on here from the link in my bookmarks
But I have just pressed the home button above and it brings the login page up (just to let you know )
Chris
BCSS MEMBER SINCE 2000 (NATIONAL SHOW)
FORUM MEMBER SINCE JUNE 2006
Interested in - TURBINICARPUS (Always looking for plants I don't have)
TEPHROCACTUS AND RELATED SPECIES
http://www.leeds.bcss.org.uk/ http://www.zone3.bcss.org.uk/
Bill

Post by Bill »

Works fine for me Chris.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Greenlarry
Registered Guest

Post by Greenlarry »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:19 pm Everything was working for me today until I tried the link to the BCSS Events Calendar from the New & Events forum, then I got this sign in.JPG

pressing cancel gives 401 error
sign in 2.JPG
Yea I get that when I hit the Home button (Android phone)
Annoyingly I can't remember my password so I can't test if it works from there.
You can take the boy out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the boy!
Bill

Post by Bill »

OK I have now got rid of that log in, any links to bcss.org.uk/ should now redirect to society.bcss.org.uk as they did before.

If you come across any that should link to any page other than the homepage, let me have the details and i can create additional redirects.

Bill

Greenlarry
Registered Guest

Post by Greenlarry »

Bill wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm OK I have now got rid of that log in, any links to bcss.org.uk/ should now redirect to society.bcss.org.uk as they did before.

If you come across any that should link to any page other than the homepage, let me have the details and i can create additional redirects.

Bill
I take it you can only access that page (Home location) if you're a bcss member?
You can take the boy out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the boy!
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Greenlarry wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:29 am
Bill wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:30 pm OK I have now got rid of that log in, any links to bcss.org.uk/ should now redirect to society.bcss.org.uk as they did before.

Bill
I take it you can only access that page (Home location) if you're a bcss member?
The society pages should be open to everyone, there used to be some member only pages that required a login.
I seem to have ended up with Chrome remembering I am logged in but not Microsoft edge - only difference I can see is the login register/logout text
Not logged in - Microsoft Edge
Not logged in - Microsoft Edge
bcss - chrome.JPG