login

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

login

Post by Eric Williams »

Hi, all seems well on laptop,but I cannot login on my ipad. Is there work around? This has happened after update. Cheers
Greenlarry
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Re: login

Post by Greenlarry »

I find I'm logged in fine here, but if I click on Home rather than Board Index I get logged out. (Android phone)
Last edited by Greenlarry on Mon May 20, 2019 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can take the boy out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the boy!
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by el48tel »

Not tried since the update but mine has always happened that way on the Cellphone but not the PC.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
RogerF
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON

Post by RogerF »

Same here except not only am I required to log-in to access the home page it wont recognise my log-in details.
Nor could I post a reply here despite my name appearing as a user browsing this page.
Only by clicking on the link "If you're having trouble login in......" am I able to post this.
Teething problems I know but annoying none the less!
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

I've not had any problems logging in with either Windows or Android so problem could be specific to device/browser
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

On my main computer (chrome under windows10) the forum is fine but when switching to home the message comes up (site) requires username and password. My username and password are not accepted and the message repeats. On the same computer using edge there is no problem.

On my old laptop again using chrome the problem is same. Using Internet Explorer (OK this is old and under Vista) the forum basically has problems and doesn't show properly, and also accessing home gives same error plus message "Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection)."

On my mobile (Android 6.0 and up-to-date chrome) the forum is fine but trying to access the bcss home page also gives Authentication Required message and failure to recognise user name (the programme continues to the site home page but there is refusal to recognise login).

I hope this helps.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

I am not experiencing any issues via android or Windows, I will investahet further.

Bill

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Chris L
BCSS Branch Websites Co-ordinator
Branch: MANCHESTER
Role within the BCSS: Branch Websites Co-ordinator

Post by Chris L »

Eric Williams wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:19 pm Hi, all seems well on laptop,but I cannot login on my ipad. Is there work around? This has happened after update. Cheers
Have you properly closed the tabs in the browser and cleared all the cookies?
Joined 1991
Lamb's Reference Plate Index http://www.cactus-corner.co.uk/referenc ... -guide.htm
FREE on Kindle Unlimited:
Anglesey Circular Walk https://amzn.to/34i18qF
Lytham-Arnside Walk https://amzn.to/3fpQPGf
My Redbubble Shop https://www.redbubble.com/people/cactuschris/shop
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

Bill wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 am I am not experiencing any issues via android or Windows, I will investahet further.

Bill
It's not necessarily a case Bill, as you probably know, of operating system, it's browser. Which browsers are you using? Presumably as web administrator you need and have multiple options available to check things out,

Alan
ragamala
BCSS Member

Post by ragamala »

[quote="Chris L" post_id=278953 time=1558348865 user_id=1428

Have you properly closed the tabs in the browser and cleared all the cookies?
[/quote]

I don't think the problem is related to this, Chris, as (per my earlier message) there was a problem with a browser I had never used before for the forum, and attempted access in one tab. Same with Edge on Windows 10.

I wouldn't know about Ipad, an expensive and hence mystery to me.