Unknown succulent

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
D^L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BROMLEY

Re: Unknown succulent

Post by D^L »

My first thought was Rabiea, as Terry suggests. However, I would have expected the leaves to be more triangular, wide at the bottom tapering to the tip. Do these seem to have a parallel bit?
I do wonder though if it could do with more light? Has that modified colour or leaf shape? Dunno, perhaps it is already in blazing sun all day☺
Cheers
David Lambie
Bristol
Greenlarry
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Greenlarry »

I'm going with Aloinopsis
You can take the boy out of the greenhouse, but you can't take the greenhouse out of the boy!
topsy
BCSS Trustee
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Life Members

Post by topsy »

HI,

Sorry to have come to this so late in the day, missed it before Terry alerted me to it.

I my opinion this is a Rabiea given the very large spots. But just maybe it is a hybrid between Rabiea and Prepodesma or I should say Aloinopsis orpenii.

More sunshine and less fertiliser will perhaps make its origins clearer.

Suzanne
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Keith H »

I am no expert but it does look very like the Aloinopsis orpenii I grew from the society seed list last year.
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554