Epiphyllum at night....

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MalcolmP2
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Epiphyllum at night....

Post by MalcolmP2 »

ragamala wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:38 pm Sorry no umlauts to hand......

Did you see too Ilse Hess, and Goebbels? Wessel and Mussolini?
Dont worry about it, Goebbels didnt have any either (allegedly),
mind ursprünglch might have been different ;)

Yes, I did, but no Biggles, so he was reading all the wrong books, not even in the wrong order !
There is a Vulkan though, which goes to prove time travel does exist and he could watch Star Trek on TV, oh TV ,, hang on ,,,,
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

ragamala wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:36 pm
el48tel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:59 am Pity that politics have to get in the way of naming plants.
You can not be serious! In 1935 it may have seemed cute to name a plant that way. But if anyone names a hybrid after Nigel Farrage they are likely to have more than a milkshake coming from me.

More interesting or relevant (if you don't want me to continue a rant) is that this plant appears to have a far darker flower than any I have seen from the web supposedly of this cultivar. Which suggests the whole cultivar naming and their stability is a nonsense.

Taking a photo at 11pm with an iPad results in a dark image. Simple.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:54 am
ragamala wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 3:36 pm
el48tel wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:59 am Pity that politics have to get in the way of naming plants.
You can not be serious! In 1935 it may have seemed cute to name a plant that way. But if anyone names a hybrid after Nigel Farrage they are likely to have more than a milkshake coming from me.

More interesting or relevant (if you don't want me to continue a rant) is that this plant appears to have a far darker flower than any I have seen from the web supposedly of this cultivar. Which suggests the whole cultivar naming and their stability is a nonsense.

Taking a photo at 11pm with an iPad results in a dark image. Simple.

Buy a set of macro lights
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
MalcolmP2
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by MalcolmP2 »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 11:54 am Taking a photo at 11pm with an iPad results in a dark image. Simple.
,, results in a gorgeous image !
Sorry I forgot to say that in my earlier posts :)

Instead of macro lights, Gimp (freeware) would be cheaper, but only if one had a Linux or Windows box (or even a Mac I think, but not the latest 2.10.10/11, perhaps)