Cactus ID Please

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Fletch
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: ESSEX (Ilford)
Role within the BCSS: Member

Cactus ID Please

Post by Fletch »

Bought this lovely plant from a nearby garden centre and wondered what it might be. I thought perhaps a Gymnocalycium of some description?
Attachments
487C6295-1AC2-4AF1-BB9A-58DA35CFCAE1.jpeg
EF08EBC6-E030-4D37-9C93-F7306480ACF6.jpeg
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Re: Cactus ID Please

Post by el48tel »

is it G. baldianum?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
AnTTun
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by AnTTun »

Gymno for sure, baldi most likely...
TTcacti - C&S database software - http://www.ttimpact.hr/anttun/
rodsmith
BCSS Member
Branch: STOKE-ON-TRENT

Post by rodsmith »

el48tel wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:05 pm is it G. baldianum?
I think so. A gymno species with red flowers - unusual (possibly the only species) and a very attractive shade of red too. Mine is just flowering.
Rod Smith

Growing a mixed collection of cacti & other succulents; mainly smaller species with a current emphasis on lithops & conophytum.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Mine is showing nothing as yet.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.