Greenhouse flowers

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
ralphrmartin
BCSS Research Committee Chairman
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Chairman - Research

Re: Greenhouse flowers

Post by ralphrmartin »

Two thumbs up, Sylvia, although I can't work out why your plants are so much later than mine when you live so far South of me!
Ralph Martin
https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/cacti.html
Members visiting the Llyn Peninsula are welcome to visit my collection.

Swaps and sales at https://www.rrm.me.uk/Cacti/forsale.php

My Field Number Database is at https://www.fieldnos.bcss.org.uk
Sylvia
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Sylvia »

I think it is probably the situation of my greenhouse. It is not in full sun and one side is in shade more, at least that is what I put it down to.
Sylvia in Somerset growing cacti and succulents since 1977
Echinocactus123
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH DEVON

Post by Echinocactus123 »

Wow, so stunning it looks almost artificial
Henry,

A 15 year old with a love for Slow growing cacti, highland nepenthes and bulbophyllum orchids.
Cidermanrolls
BCSS Member
Branch: LINCOLN

Post by Cidermanrolls »

It has been a good weekend in my, partially shaded, greenhouse too. This view shows 15 Schick hybrids and 2 “multihybrids” in flower this morning.
Attachments
83EF2B0F-85C8-4C0E-9854-E08117B08E98.jpeg
cactusrogerUK
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by cactusrogerUK »

Fabulous display Sylvia.

Mine don't flower so many together. They space themselves out over June and July.
Mind you, my favourite 'Nita' which I was lucky enough to get from Mr N in 2016 has already flowered and finished for the fourth consecutive year. Very similar to the one in your fourth photo. :grin:
Trichoechinopsis 'Nita' 15cm
Trichoechinopsis 'Nita' 15cm
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am It has been a good weekend in my, partially shaded, greenhouse too. This view shows 15 Schick hybrids and 2 “multihybrids” in flower this morning.
I bought some Echinopsis hybrids yesterday, but am looking for some particular Schicks. i have a few, and a few of Brian Fearn's from AbbeyBrook. Can you suggest a supplier?
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

cactusrogerUK wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:54 am Fabulous display Sylvia.

Mine don't flower so many together. They space themselves out over June and July.
Mind you, my favourite 'Nita' which I was lucky enough to get from Mr N in 2016 has already flowered and finished for the fourth consecutive year. Very similar to the one in your fourth photo. :grin:
P1190073w1000.jpg
Words cannot express the superlatives which are necessary--- that's superb
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
cactusrogerUK
BCSS Member

Post by cactusrogerUK »

el48tel wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:18 pm
Cidermanrolls wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:15 am It has been a good weekend in my, partially shaded, greenhouse too. This view shows 15 Schick hybrids and 2 “multihybrids” in flower this morning.
I bought some Echinopsis hybrids yesterday, but am looking for some particular Schicks. i have a few, and a few of Brian Fearn's from AbbeyBrook. Can you suggest a supplier?
Susan Pink is "winding down" following the passing of her husband. She is pink4520 on eBay and sends out excellent plants, but unfortunately eBay bidders send prices to daft levels sometimes. Other good eBay sellers are bilsdalecactus and spikey.yorkie.
cactusrogerUK
BCSS Member

Post by cactusrogerUK »

el48tel wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:20 pm
cactusrogerUK wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:54 am Fabulous display Sylvia.

P1190073w1000.jpg
Words cannot express the superlatives which are necessary--- that's superb
This is the same plant last year (only two flowers this year). Note the drought scorched grass!
The paler pair is on day 3, the darker pair on day 1.
When fruit is encouraged, the body tends to retain a bit of a scar, especially if mealy bugs notice the shelter! This year I shall be encouraging two 'pups' to develop.
P1400481bw1000.jpg
rreynolds
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by rreynolds »

Absolutely stunning. You've brightened my day!
Richard Reynolds
Mostly cacti of the Chihuahuan Desert, Mexico, and the American Southwest (and a handful of South American species)
rareynolds1000@gmail.com
www.richardreynolds.photoshelter.com