Mammillaria theresae

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Eric Williams
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOUTH WALES

Re: Mammillaria theresae

Post by Eric Williams »

That's some plant Diane, and on its own roots too. You may well be right regarding clones, I have a thirty year old plant with only three heads lol. Love to see that plant in flower, next year perhaps ? Cheers
Keith H
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Keith H »

Diane wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:07 pm This is my big ol' Mammillaria theresae. It must be over 30 years old now, and almost certainly originally a seedling from Pete 'n' Ken many years ago. Not grafted, and in a 7" pan, with 17 heads. I have crossed it with other plants and have had lots of seedlings from the seeds produced, but none of them have ever offset. (It looks a real picture when in flower from all heads).

I do think that some clones branch readily, but others remain resolutely single-headed.
IMG_0936.JPG
Diane you tease, how can you possibly not show a picture of that plant in full flower
(It looks a real picture when in flower from all heads).
:?: :?:
Regards Keith.

BCSS # 50554
Diane
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by Diane »

There's a photo on the PC from four years ago,which I'll post later - it needs to be resized as its too big for the forum.
Diane - member of Kingston branch

Growing cacti - balm to the soul!
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Does no one give a tweak to encourage multiple heads on their plants ?, I often experiment, why have a plant that isn't a more desirable shape, my baby Theresa has quite a few little heads as it met my tweezers when smaller. I suppose it helps it isn't a favourite and i had a research back ground so we were encouraged to try different techniques in laboratory proceedures.
Last edited by Tina on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Diane wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:40 am There's a photo on the PC from four years ago,which I'll post later - it needs to be resized as its too big for the forum.
Have a look at Diane's previous pictures on the Forum:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159404&p=211587&hil ... ae#p211587
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=161679&p=227041&hil ... ae#p227041
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=163344&p=239566&hil ... ae#p239566
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=168527&p=280739&hil ... ae#p280739

(tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu) (tu)
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Thanks, Tony! You're third link is the one I referred to above (2015). I tried to post it from my iPad but the file wouldn't load, 1.3 MB, so later on, I'll resize it and post again.

Diane
BCSS Member

Post by Diane »

Four years ago...
Mammillaria theresae
Mammillaria theresae

Ross M
BCSS Member

Post by Ross M »

Absolutely beautiful Diane! My own plant is on it's own roots but badly in need of a re-pot so maybe the next few years will see it expand a bit further

Regards
Ross

Dunbar, SE Scotland.
BCSS member #46264 (originally joined 1983).
Growing cacti since 1978, with a particular interest in Sulcorebutia and Rebutia.