August eNews

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

August eNews

Post by Werewolf »

August's edition of eNews will be out later today, featuring advice on dealing with very hot weather.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor
Aiko
BCSS Member
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: August eNews

Post by Aiko »

Temperatures are down 50% compared to last week, by now.
ragamala
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTH FYLDE

Post by ragamala »

Aiko wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:48 am Temperatures are down 50% compared to last week, by now.
Not in Fahrenheit, Aiko :wink:
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

In more strict terms, the temperature scale starts at minus 273.15C. So the difference between this week of 22C and last week of 32C isn't a 50 percent difference. And comments like it's 50 percent hotter/cooler don't apply either, because an approximate 10C temperature change doubles/halves hotness or energy.
Pedantic rage terminated.
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

I have just checked my mail box and junk mail, no enews yet. I have previously been receiving them.
Jim_Mercer
BCSS Member
Branch: LIVERPOOL

Post by Jim_Mercer »

Chez2 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:35 am I have just checked my mail box and junk mail, no enews yet. I have previously been receiving them.
Mine arrived in my inbox at 17:24
Tony R
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by Tony R »

Jim_Mercer wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:08 am
Chez2 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:35 am I have just checked my mail box and junk mail, no enews yet. I have previously been receiving them.
Mine arrived in my inbox at 17:24
Mine also arrived Friday 17:24
Tony Roberts
Treasurer, Haworthia Society
Chairman, Tephrocactus Study Group
Moderator, BCSS Forum
Kent
(Gasteria, Mammillaria, small Opuntia, Cleistocactus and Sempervivum are my current special interests)
el48tel
BCSS Member
Branch: LEEDS

Post by el48tel »

Friday 17h23
Endeavouring to grow Aylostera, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Gymnocalycium, Matucana, Rebutia, and Sulcorebutia. Fallen out of love with Lithops and aggravated by Aeoniums.
Currently being wooed by Haworthia, attempting hybridisation, and enticed by Mesembs.
Chez2
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD

Post by Chez2 »

Just been back and checked and there is nothing. It was a quiet day yesterday too, lots of our customers only work half a day on Fridays so not many emails coming in.
Werewolf
BCSS Zone Rep
Branch: BRISTOL
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Werewolf »

Chez2 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 pm Just been back and checked and there is nothing. It was a quiet day yesterday too, lots of our customers only work half a day on Fridays so not many emails coming in.
PM me your email address and we'll check the distribution list. It's the first problem we've heard about since the fix.

Graham Evans
eNews Editor