Crassula Cooperi???

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
scousetigger
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Crassula Cooperi???

Post by scousetigger »

Is this a Crassula cooperi? I looked through my small book on succulents and this seemed to be the nearest....bit difficult when the pictures are all B/W drawings. I have put an inset at bottom LH side of photo of a close up of the flower.
Attachments
4SIXRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4SIXRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAPAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqgAAABsBBQABAAAAsgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAUAAAAugAAADIBAgAUAAAAzgAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA4gAAAGmHBAABAAAA6AAAAAgDAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (96.93 KiB) Viewed 3093 times
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Crassula Cooperi???

Post by Phil_SK »

Definitely a Crassula, cooperi seems about right to me.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

I have one very similar as Crassula picturata but I see there is a Crassula picturata cooperi on Google or even Crassula exilis cooperi.

Phil in Somerset, UK
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Apicra »

Hi Scousetigger,

Your Crassula with pink flowers is Crassula schmidtii. It has been likened to the smaller C. exilis ssp. cooperi, but is more likely to be an old hybrid of it. In my experience, plants from the veld have much whiter flowers, while C. picturata has broader leaves, but all these belong to the same complex.

Best wishes,
Derek Tribble,
London Karoo [It's getting so dry ...]