Hello Everyone.  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Sheffieldsurfer
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Hello Everyone.  Solved

Post by Sheffieldsurfer »

Hello Everybody. My name is Lewis, and i`m new here. I joined today. I`m 20 years old (21 next tuesday, hurray), and a collector of Cacti and Succulents equally.

I have about 150 plants, ranging from a minute Lithops to a 5 ft long Ceropegia Woodii, which has just flowered.
I`m particularly interested in Stapeliads. I own a Stapelia Olivacea, S Grandiflora, S Ambigua, and 2 Stapelia Variegata, the Olivacea and Variegata plants are both in bloom and stunning.

I also own a Piaranthus Spec, Carraluma Hesperidum, Huernia Zebrina, and all i bought from Matlock cacti nursery a few weeks ago. They are small and have not bloomed yet, but are growing amazingly.
Yes, i love Carrion Flowers. Lol.

I`m really glad i have joined, and hope to talk Cacti and Succulents with you all soon. Bye.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hello Everyone.

Post by Tina »

Hello Lewis

Welcome to the forum, that seems a nice bunch of plants .
I have had my xtavarorbea flowering for the last couple of weeks & it's surprising the amount of flies it attracts, I don't really notice the smell but they obviously doo.

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

Welcome to the forum Lewis! When you say Matlock do you mean Abbey Brook or is this a nursery I'm not aware of??

Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Hi lewis

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy the friendly banter, free advice and maybe even contribute some of your own.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
NickT
Registered Guest

Post by NickT »

Hi Lewis,

Welcome on board. Sounds like quite a collection. I look forward to seening some of the photo's that you're going to take (order not a request Lol!!)

Nick T
Warwickshire

A lot of all sorts
Geoff Lovell
BCSS Member
Branch: CROYDON
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Geoff Lovell »

Welcome Lewis.

Founder member BCSS # 32426,
Growing Cacti and Succulents for over 40 years,
mixed collection but prefer succulents particularly caudiciforms.
Sheffieldsurfer

Post by Sheffieldsurfer »

Hi thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Yes, i mean Abbey Road. It`s an amazing place , wish i could go more often.
North Lincs Mike
Registered Guest
Branch: GRIMSBY

Post by North Lincs Mike »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

You had better look out for an attack of Beatles in Abbey Road Lewis but they are easily controlled by chemical means. I think you probably mean Abbey Brook Nurseries.

Best wishes Mike

Newish collector/grower; mixed lot in a new 12x18 g/h and my old re-erected 10x8 - good job I didn't sell it !
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Hi Lewis,

Welcome! As Nick said, we look forward to seeing some pics of your collection & flowers!

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

Hi
Is Sheffield as in South Yorkshire? If so, do you know about the Sheffield branch? We meet at the Scout Headquarters in Trippet Lane, in the city centre, at 7.30pm on the 2nd Friday of each month. You should get a warm welcome, but be warned, there are usually plants for sale at very reasonable prices so it's hard to escape without buying some. The October meeting is our annual auction so "impossible" would fit better than "hard"

Mike
Sheffield member for a fair few years
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525