Hi

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roy
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Hi

Post by Roy »

No problem Ian, just knock the walls down and get rid of the roof, as for the furniture----have you never heard of open plan?
Member Bcss
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Roy »

I like Wigginsias (as they were) I usually have one knocking about. Being self fertile when you are down to one you still have seed. As seedlings they are very attractive plants.
Member Bcss
Sheffieldsurfer

Post by Sheffieldsurfer »

Hello there. I joined yesterday too. I`m a sheffield guy and may start coming to the friday meetings too.
youngie

Post by youngie »

Welcome you Shefield Guys.
I only joined two weeks ago, Great forum with lots of help from the experts.

Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Nice flowers Mike, look forward to seeing more! :-)
(wish I had a garage!!)

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

The answer is that if the cold frame hasn't been screwed down to the concrete roof it will blow away. If it's been re-glazed after blowing away, and then screwed down, the tops will blow off in high wind if they're not fixed down. Once these minor details are dealt with, it seems OK. I haven't put the side glass panels in, to give good ventilation in winter. The tops are left off in summer and put back once I want to keep rain off in the autumn. Echinocerei, smaller Agaves, Escobarias, smaller Opuntias (including Pterocactus), Nananthus all seem fine, I've started last winter to leave some Rebutias & Sulcorebutias there, no problem so far. Some of the original cold frame plants (seedlings) are now big enough that I'm trying them without any protection outside overwinter. Gives more space for something else in the cold frame
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525