when is a pachanoi not a pachanoi  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

when is a pachanoi not a pachanoi

Post by Guest »

The following are all plants I have either grown from seed or bought as Trichocereus pachanoi.

This one is about 10cm tall

Attachments
8A
8A (57.83 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

Re: when is a pachanoi not a pachanoi

Post by Guest »

This one is about 90cm tall

Attachments
8A
8A (23.76 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

Post by Guest »

This one around 1.2m tall

Attachments
8A
8A (35.37 KiB) Viewed 2555 times

Post by Guest »

This one about 10cm tall and I think this is the real thing

Attachments
8A
8A (41.03 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: when is a pachanoi not a pachanoi  Solved

Post by Phil Hocking »

I bought this one as T. pachanoi but someone on the forum said it was T. macrogonus. It looks the same as the one in your first picture. The newer spines are not as strong because it has been growing under artificial light which is not bright enough. Those in the background are probably the real thing.

Phil in Somerset, UK
Attachments
4RUTRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA
4RUTRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA (58.71 KiB) Viewed 2555 times
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.