Rescue plant  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Rescue plant

Post by Guest »

This was a very poorly Leuchtenbergia when I spotted it at a car boot sale last year - I gave 10p for it. It is in a 5" pot and at last it is growing. When I got it, it was covereed in mealy bug and the roots as well. It got the full treatment, all soil washed off, most roots removed and a 20 minute sheep dip. It has certainly recovered.

Attachments
8A
8A (74.83 KiB) Viewed 2721 times
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Re: Rescue plant  Solved

Post by Maria J »

Wow, great job!! It's looking fabulous!

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Bill
Branch: None

Re: Rescue plant

Post by Bill »

Excellent Bob, becuase of the past damage it does not look as good as mine but you are obviously doing something better than me as mine is probably as big as yours but no sign of flowers yet.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.