350 viewings - no interest

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: 350 viewings - no interest

Post by Bill »

Well there's a couple of variegated on there at the moment 5 days to go limfolia is over ?8.00 inc PP, radula is ?10 inc PP, there is also a maughanii/turgida hybrid at just under ?10 inc PP and they just seem silly prices, given that they could well go much higher in the 5 days left.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Roy »

Hi Bill,
like your web page what book (s) are you using for reference
Member Bcss
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks Roy.

Bayer's Haworthia revisited mainly plus what I can find on the internet, Haworthiad and Alsterworthia International.

I am actually working on an update with many more plants, but it has been delayed after my laptop deceided to crash and refuse to boot, had to reformat the hdd, reload all the software and now just need to put all my data back-ups back on.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Post by Roy »

Hi Bill,
that sordida, do they come in a variety of colours? Mine is very dark
Member Bcss
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Phil

congratulations on the baby !!

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Tom J
Registered Guest

Post by Tom J »

Phil,

I know exactly what you mean: my plants moved last christmass, my youngest kid is 9 months old and I have about 300 pots with seedlings waiting for urgent repotting. I managed to repot all seedlings of 1999 and 2000 last week, did part of the 2001 this weekend. Fortunately conos can stay in there for a while, although it isn't ideal. I should also sort out the collection and take cuttings of the 1000s of very old plants (age between 10 and > 30 years old).
My main difficulty is that I'm stuck between not having the time to do this all, the space it would take in the greenhouse once I start taking cuttings, the uncertainty whether someone would be interested in these plants, the horrible belgian post offices which are only open a couple of hours a day and last but not least one is obliged to use their boxes, of course even the smallest is way too big for a couple of tiny conophytums :-)

Tom Jacobs

Growing Mesembs, a way of life...
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Roy,

There is some natural variation but growing conditions make more of a difference in many species, light levels being a big factor. Low light tends to send most green, higher light levels brings out all sorts of wonderful colours.

Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Thanks Phil for the link & thanks Chris for bringing it to our attention! I also didn't know this 'trading post' existed.

Post Edited (08-08-06 12:24)
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

one is obliged to use their boxes, of course even the smallest is way too big for a couple of tiny conophytums

I know what you mean. Even with a paper towel round each plant and some bubble wrap, I need some pretty tiny boxes! Nicer when people also want a few shrubbies in the package :)

Cheshire, UK
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

There's a Yucca endlichiana on eBay right now and it still hasn't reached four quid. Rare and unusual it may be but it doesn't seem to have pulling power.

Cheshire, UK