350 viewings - no interest

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
AmberUK
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Re: 350 viewings - no interest

Post by AmberUK »

As a new collector I did look at the swap thing a few times. But as I only did seedlings this year I have nothing to swap so didn't think it was for me. (when there was a link on this web site). I basically don't know names yet, and when I bought some plants off Chriss I think it was I just asked for random ones as unless there is pictures I am stuck.
This is just my point of view as someone new as I know people are always saying u need new blood.
Also looking at the site its a .com. One of the ads is for $ and some others do not say country they are from. This needs to be added??

Odiham, Hampshire (UK)
AmberUK
Registered Guest

Post by AmberUK »

I am glad you didn't compost them.
I keep thinking of buying a collection but its too much money in one go and also would increase my numbers too much too quickly. Do many people buy that many in one go? IMHO I would find buying 20 a go a stretch. (not so much the money but more getting used to the new plants)

Odiham, Hampshire (UK)
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Now that depends, if the price was affordable I certainly wouldn't be put off.

I am hoping to go to collection sale/auction in a few weeks time and ELK the following weekend and could add anything up to 100 plants depending on the size, price and what's available.(thanks to my generous family all giving me money for my birthday today).

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Happy Birthday Bill!! 8-))

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Phil White
BCSS Member
Branch: WILTSHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Phil White »

Bill I did offer you tha h. korizato as a freebie by private e-mail but as I haven't heard from you I am assuming you do not want it ? Which is no problem as I have others who want it.

Phil White
Wiltshire, England
Bill

Post by Bill »

Hi Phil

E-mail sent.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Maybe I'm wrong. The Yucca finally went for ?9.32. And five different bidders were prepared to pay over seven quid including postage.

Cheshire, UK
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

Post by Tina »

Hi Bill
Happy birthday & hope you have a great shopping trip, I won't be at the bradford sale as we are going on holiday so unluckily for me ( lucky for hubbie I suppose) I'll miss all the plants.

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Bill

Post by Bill »

Thanks Tina and Stephen.

Well I am not 100% on Bradford got my nephew's wedding localy the day before, so got to avoid the pop if I want to go. LOL