RSM again ;-(

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
althebiologist
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CHELMSFORD

Re: RSM again ;-(

Post by althebiologist »

Amber

I tried looking at your picture on my home PC but it was taking ages so I just gave up. But I looked at it today at work. The corkiness around the base of the newer growth looks very similar to the damage they did to my cacti.

Alan (Suffolk)
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Just noticed you posted pictures! Three plants, I think.

The first looks a bit of a mess, hard to tell if the damage is ongoing. Most of the newer growth looks clean except for one head. I'd say it doesn't currently have a major insect problem but is probably a candidate for breaking up anyway.

The second looks like it had some mite damage but is growing out of it. Looks like some minor spots on the newest growth. Scale? Puncture scars? Fairly healthy.

The last one, the crest, looks in bad shape. Is that mould or mealies on the top? Or is it normal wool? Is the base just really woody or has it rotted away in part?

I don't see anything on the plants that indicates an ongoing mite infection. The damage that I can see has started to grow out.

Cheshire, UK
AmberUK
Registered Guest

Post by AmberUK »

The first one got corked last year (or maybe its the original RSM infection?) and the contstant wetting over the last few weeks has made it turn black. But it seems to be growing ok. Quite a few new bits fell off so I have been potting them up, so at least I might get some new plants off it.

The second one its hard to tell if its part of the growth pattern or what.

Number 3 has quite a bit of damage on the bottom part. The top its fluff from growth and there is a small amount of damage near the top also.

I am hoping that after todays rain there will be some nice weather and so some new growth will get put on, that way I can tell better if there is any futher damage going on.

Sorry about the pictire size its not my web site so I was waiting (and still am) for him to get time to shrink the pictures down.

Thanks
Amber

Odiham, Hampshire (UK)