Greenhouse Temps..

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
frederick
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Greenhouse Temps..

Post by frederick »

Hi all... now the nights are drawing in and the night temps are dropping... soon be time to apply heating.
What temperature should I set the greenhouse thermostst to.. in other words what is the min. temp that I should allow the greenhouse to drop to.

Take care all.... Frederick

Chummy Hinckley
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Re: Greenhouse Temps..

Post by Phil_SK »

Really depends on what you're growing. Many plants can survive (in the UK) in an unheated greenhouse. If you're growing Melocactus, Uebelmannia, Arrojadoa or Stapelias, Huernias etc it might need to be as warm as 10`C.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Greenhouse Temps..

Post by Roy »

If you have anything that requires a lot of heat the usual thing is to put them in a propagator if you can so you are only heating a very small area.I fear this winters heating bills are going to shock a lot of people
Member Bcss