2nd pic

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Neil
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

2nd pic

Post by Neil »

expanded to this

ta

neil
Attachments
2wCEABEMDAwNDBINDRIaEQ8RGh4WEhIWHiIXFxcXFyIiGh0dHR0aIiIoKSwpKCI1NTk5NTVBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhERExUTGBQUGBcTFhMXHRcYGBcdKh0dHx0dKjYnIiIiIic2MDMsLCwzMDs7NjY
2wCEABEMDAwNDBINDRIaEQ8RGh4WEhIWHiIXFxcXFyIiGh0dHR0aIiIoKSwpKCI1NTk5NTVBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUFBQUEBEhERExUTGBQUGBcTFhMXHRcYGBcdKh0dHx0dKjYnIiIiIic2MDMsLCwzMDs7NjY (89.04 KiB) Viewed 3074 times
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Re: 2nd pic

Post by Vic »

Sorry to say Neil but it looks beyond rescue, the rot has spread too far. Rot needs to be dealt with asap and is a matter of cutting out any damaged tissue until you reach clean tissue with no signs of rot, the cut area/s can then be treated with yellow sulphur etc.. and left to callous over.

Andrew H
Registered Guest

Post by Andrew H »

Seems like the rot has gone through to the other side as well and at the top of the plant (or could be the angle and light of the photo).

Andrew H
Dagenham, Essex
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Ugly!

Cheshire, UK
Neil
Registered Guest

Post by Neil »

thanks for the information
whats the most annoying thing is why this has happened

cactus funeral today then

neil

Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Post by Vic »

Yes Neil it's sometimes frustrating when there's no apparent reason. There could be several reasons such as damaged roots or damage to the plant body, overwatering/insufficient drainage etc. etc..

Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Take a look at this site if you want to try and save it by grafting a piece. I lost my Mammillaria stella de tacubaya to rot recently and was going to try it but the rot had gone too far. If you can get a clean slice of rib and cut it like a slice of pie (there's a picture on the website) you are in with a chance

Phil in Somerset, UK
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Neil

What Gymno is it?

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
cactiilluminati
Registered Guest

Post by cactiilluminati »

RIP :(

Varied collection, likes astrophytums, gymnos, mammillaria...joining Northumberland branch feb06