late mamm

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roy
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

late mamm

Post by Roy »

One of the later Mammillaria's, at least for me. I don't know wether it is related but it looks similar and is flowering at the same time as yaquayensis and thornberii which are related.
Attachments
4SgsRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA4BAgAgAAAAhgAAAA8BAgAFAAAApgAAABABAgAKAAAAqwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtQAAABsBBQABAAAAvQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAVAAAAxQAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAA2gAAAJUCAAAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAFNPTlkAQ1lCRVJTSE9
4SgsRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA4BAgAgAAAAhgAAAA8BAgAFAAAApgAAABABAgAKAAAAqwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtQAAABsBBQABAAAAvQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAVAAAAxQAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAA2gAAAJUCAAAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAFNPTlkAQ1lCRVJTSE9 (70.14 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Member Bcss
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Re: late mamm

Post by iann »

It seems to be related to thornberi/yaquensis in series Anchistracanthae. It is generally considered a close relative of M. grahamii.

Are you in a different time zone, Roy? It went dark here hours ago :)

Cheshire, UK
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Re: late mamm

Post by Roy »

Even in these days of instant communication I unfortunately have to stop to eat and plan important things ie fishing trips. This sometimes slows me down between taking photographs and getting them on the net.
At present I am concentrating on finding the most convenient channel to use on my new personal radio that I bought from Maplin for ?30 in a sale. My greenhouse is about 50m from the kitchen and I need to know when my wife has made a cup of tea before it gets cold! :-)
Member Bcss