Photos on the forum

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Peter Cupial-Jones
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Photos on the forum

Post by Peter Cupial-Jones »

Question forum gurus?

Is the 100k picture size limit per image attached or for a single post?

If it is per pic, can some one tell me how to put multiple pics (each < 100k) into the same post as I have seen some do on here? The endless reply method to add a further pic is tedious?

Always something new to learn :-)

Regards

Pete

Regards,

Pete

BCSS Macclesfield and East Cheshire
12x8 greenhouse : main interests Echinopsis (incl. Trichocereus, Lobivia etc) hybrids and (because everyone needs a bit of challenge in their lives) Stapeliads!
Bill
Branch: None

Re: Photos on the forum

Post by Bill »

Hi Pete

You need to host them on another server and then link to them.

Two problems with that:

a) the pictures may not be accessible in the future, as you may remove them or change hosts, this could make posts irelevant to future viewers,

b) from a personal point of view (and I think there are one or two others in the same boat), I only have 28.8kbps dial-up (can't get broadband), this means posts with mutiple or much larger than 100k images in can take forever to download.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Peter Cupial-Jones
BCSS Member

Post by Peter Cupial-Jones »

Tnx for that Bill
Completely agree with both points. Guess if nothing else laziness will ensure i select only my best/most interesting images.

Cheers,

Regards,

Pete

BCSS Macclesfield and East Cheshire
12x8 greenhouse : main interests Echinopsis (incl. Trichocereus, Lobivia etc) hybrids and (because everyone needs a bit of challenge in their lives) Stapeliads!
iann
BCSS Member
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

The limit is per picture because you can only upload one photo per post. To get a second you have to reply to the post and can have one photo in that.

Cheshire, UK
phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by phil »

Hi Pete, you can always post several pictures at one time by making a montage of your shots using photo editing software and then posting the single image at less than 100kb.

Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Roy »

That's the way I do it Phil. Just create a new image then cut and paste your photo's onto it then use the move and resize tools to position them ,as you require, then resize the new image apply the unsharp filter then you're done
Member Bcss