Hello again from Argentina - possiblity of presentation in your club?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Guillermo
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Hello again from Argentina - possiblity of presentation in your club?

Post by Guillermo »

Dear Member of this forum

Sorry I have been away for some time. I am getting close to my busy season of travelling, so I have disregard some of these activities.

I am posting a nice pic of T. geometricus. I know it is a plant that many people like, and it is great to see its true shape and colour in nature.

I am taking this opportunity to find out the possibility of giving a presentation (or two) at your club. I am planning a trip to Europe in 2007 (possible August-September). During this trip I will be giving presentations to some clubs in Germany regarding some genera (Parodia, Trichocereus) or a general talk on Argentinean cacti.

I have a B.S. degree in Biology, and a Doctorate degree in Botany, so my presentations can be either very scientific (taxonomic if you wish), more generalist, with many habitat photos, or a combination of both approaches

I was wandering if you belong to a club that might be interested in these presentations. In order to pay for the expenses of my trip, clubs in America, usually paid me from 150-200 dollars for these presentations. Please let me know if you belong to a club that might be interested and that could contribute some money for some of my expenses if I make it to England.

I could give you some references of people who attended my presentations in the USA, so you can find out about the contents and quality of the presentations.

I will try a formal letter to the different branches of the BCSS.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

If anybody uses MSN chat, you can add me with gcondor@hotmail.com

All the best,

Guillermo

Attachments
AoAECcAAID8CgAQJwAASW1hZ2UgQ29udmVydGVyIDI
AoAECcAAID8CgAQJwAASW1hZ2UgQ29udmVydGVyIDI (79.4 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Re: Hello again from Argentina - possiblity of presentation in your club?

Post by Phil Hocking »

Hi Guillermo

I spoke to the secretary of our branch and he is about to fix the programme for next year. We can't afford as much as the Americans (who can?) but he says can you fax him as soon as possible? E-mail me and I'll give you the details. He might be able to help you connect with other local branches too, for example Exeter and Bristol.

Phil in Somerset, UK
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.