Roy's kind of Lithops?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Roy's kind of Lithops?

Post by iann »

Here's a nice Lithops. Wonderful flowers with a white eye for added interest. And large enough to hide those garish patterned leaves :)
[img]http://nartowicz.users.btopenworld.com/ ... sinae2.jpg[/img]

Cheshire, UK
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Re: Roy's kind of Lithops?

Post by Roy »

`No Ian, this is my favourite Lithops, any one were the flower dies back and it looks as if fertilization was successful :-)))
Attachments
4TVpRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAgAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACwEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAIAEAACoMAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9
4TVpRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAgAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACwEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAIAEAACoMAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9 (73.24 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
Member Bcss
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Do you tickle them, Roy? Or just let the insects have their way? I wouldn't sell the farm on that one just yet ... looks just plump enough to hope, still small enough to disappoint :)

Cheshire, UK
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Post by Roy »

I tickle them like babies over the course of a week as recommended by Steve Hammer but it does not always work. Maybe I should sing something romantic whilst I'm flicking the brush! :-))))
Member Bcss