Echinocereus fitchii bruneispinus

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Echinocereus fitchii bruneispinus

Post by Phil Hocking »

This plant is flowering for me under lights. It has two heads, both of which have started growing out new plants from the tops rather than regrowing.

Phil
Attachments
4RbwRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA
4RbwRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA (55.95 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Echinocereus fitchii bruneispinus

Post by Roy »

nice flower Phil
Member Bcss
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

That's gorgeous Phil!

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Nice to get flowers under lights, you must be doing it right. What's your setup?

Post Edited (09-20-06 10:56)
Cheshire, UK
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

Post by Phil Hocking »

Hi Ian

It's a Heath Robinson arrangement of one of those mini greenhouses, minus its cover, with an Envirolite 125 watt bulb suspended from the top (with reflector) and Mylar film all round. The front part is removable. There is not quite enough light so I need to get a double reflector.

Phil
Attachments
4Rf8RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA
4Rf8RXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA (41.37 KiB) Viewed 2109 times
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Thanks Phil, I remember it now :)

Cheshire, UK