for Copiapoa enthusiasts

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Süleyman
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: for Copiapoa enthusiasts

Post by Süleyman »

Yes, he agreed this copying and give thanks to Ariocarpus men.

Süleyman
Registered Guest

Post by Süleyman »

Hi,
I saw in the last journal that Paul Klaassen is in the Stonehenge Cactarium. Do you know anything about this place or is there a website of them?

Süleyman
Registered Guest

Post by Süleyman »

Hi,
Another site dedicated to Chileans:

iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Suleyman, I think "Stonehenge Cactarium" is just Paul's whimsical name for this home. He lives quite close to Stonehenge.

Cheshire, UK
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by Chris43 »

If anyone is interested, I am going to order some seed from "Spiniflores" , his list is at . The postage isn't huge, 4?, and it would be 44p probably to post on in UK, but happy to act as clearing house if anyone wants to join me.
I bought some seed in the spring, and it has generally germinated quite well. It's my own fault that I cooked some of them in July, hence my re-order. I won't be sending anything off until about 6th October, so if there are any takers, let me know before then.

Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html

Post by Guest »

I was given about 500 seeds from the Eriocyse aurata from Hurtuda Pass. The guy who collected them couldn't get any germination, I managed to get 8 plants out of the 500. Two have gone back to the collector and I am growing the rest on, I just hope they end up looking like the habitat plants, they do at least have yellow spines.

Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by Chris43 »

I had some aurata seed from Pierre Gambar, from plants in the Valle de Elqui. There wasn't much seed, didn't count but less than 10, I'd have said, and have two seedlings as of now.
I had seed from Spiniflores earlier this year, and before I messed up, after sowing in early June, all species germinated and approximately 40% of the seeds germinated. Fairly variable across the species. So I don't have reason to doubt the quality of the seeds.
I still have a fair number of seedlings, even after boiling a number. If it gets this hot in July next year, I'm moving the seedlings out of the greenhouse altogether!

Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html