Turbinicarpus Lauii?

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Maria J
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Turbinicarpus Lauii?

Post by Maria J »

Hello!

I bought this Turbinicarpus Lauii at a branch meeting a couple of months ago, and was looking at Google images to see what a mature one was like, and discovered that they all looked quite different to this one, even young ones...
So, is it in fact a Turbinicarpus Lauii?? The ones in the pictures were far more woolly. I am not at all familiar with this Genus, so please forgive me if it is indeed correct!!

Thanks

Attachments
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE
8QAHwAAAQUBAQEBAQE (90.3 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
phil
BCSS Member
Branch: HERNE BAY
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: Turbinicarpus Lauii?

Post by phil »

Hi Maria, Turbinicarpus laui will produce a lot more wool as it matures, as will the majority of Turbinicarpus species, your plant is in it's juvinile phase and will chang considerably in appearance as it grows older. For more information visit my website below and click on the turbinicarpus section.

Post Edited (09-29-06 15:47)
Attachments
8A
8A (91.3 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
Phil. (Kent, England) BCSS Herne Bay & District Branch.
Collecting Cacti-1961. Forum member-September 2004.
Favourites= Mexican miniatures.
http://www.cactusplant.co.uk
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Re: Turbinicarpus Lauii?

Post by Maria J »

Thanks Phil for your reply (I will indeed have a look on your site)
Wow, what fantastic flowers!! Will have to wait some time before mine produces some, but now I'm very much looking forward to it. :-D

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!