HAEMANTHUS BULBS

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
penforpen
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Branch Show

HAEMANTHUS BULBS

Post by penforpen »

Hi there,

Does anyone Grow South Afican Bulbs and more to the point what about the above type.

The Picutre shown is for the Red Flowered Plant which is flowering now, its a nice flower but the leaves are Plan with slooth. as you will see it flowers before the leaves show.

I am intrested to hear from people that grow these mainly as I might be able to swap some or lean more.

People that grow these will know there is quite a few types ones with leaves that are twisted and ones with furry leaves and many more.

Lookk forward to hearing some other peoples fun of growing them .

Regards,

Jamie

Attachments
bAIQACAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAEICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg
bAIQACAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAEICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAg (54.63 KiB) Viewed 1611 times
Berkhamstead Branch Hertfordshire Zone 6 Area
Committee Member & Berkhamstead & Show Secretary
BCSS Number 42673
10x8 Greenhouse, Small Collection of Slow Growing Cacti Along with Succulents and a few weird Caudiciforms plants Much Loved Group of Plants and few Euphobia's Etc.
Tom J
Registered Guest

Re: HAEMANTHUS BULBS

Post by Tom J »

You might contact Terry Smale (Xerophytes & Geophytes).
Google will give a link to his website.

Tom Jacobs

Growing Mesembs, a way of life...
penforpen
BCSS Member

Post by penforpen »

Hi there, Tom

Already have it tom many nice plants from Terry smale but its tring to find the odd ones now.

I shall have to ask him nicely if he can help.

Regards,

Jamie

BCSS Number 42673
10x8 Greenhouse, Small Collection of Slow Growing Cacti Along with Succulents and a few weird Caudiciforms plants Much Loved Group of Plants and few Euphobia's Etc.
Phil Hocking
BCSS Member
Branch: SOMERSET

Post by Phil Hocking »

I can't help you with any unusual ones Jamie. We have a Haemanthus albiflos at work (in flower) and I have an Albuca humilis at home. Both are only single bulbs after several years growth. The Albuca is shown in the photo - do you know how long it will be before it starts to produce more bulbs?

Phil in Somerset, UK
Attachments
4RwfRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA
4RwfRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAKAAAAkgAAABABAgAIAAAAnAAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAApAAAABsBBQABAAAArAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAIAAAAtAAAADIBAgAUAAAAvAAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAoAEAAKXEBwDQAAAA0AAAAPgFAABQYW5hc29uaWMARE1DLUZYNQBIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAA (53.16 KiB) Viewed 1611 times
Member of Somerset branch. I have a diverse mixture of small cacti plus a few larger survivors from a previous collection. I also like Stapeliads, Titanopsis, Anacampseros, and various other succulents. Now proud owner of many self-raised seedlings.
penforpen
BCSS Member

Post by penforpen »

Hi there, Phil

I have grown new type myself looking about same size as you one shown can't think of the name as its up my greenhouse but its one of three with twisted leaves.

I am looking for the Yellow flower type really I have one but its too small to flower had it two years but still only small waiting game again.

Regards,

JAmie

BCSS Number 42673
penforpen
BCSS Member

Post by penforpen »

Hi there, Nick

Please do anyone that grows simler types will have something intresting thats for sure.

Yes I have since found I am late for the winter growers just shows I guess always the last to get it together.

I have the Bulb News Letter passed on via the web its Intresting but I just like to grow them.

Look Foward to seeing the list when its around zap it over

Regards,

Jamie

BCSS Number 42673