Asclepiad

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Apicra
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Re: Asclepiad

Post by Apicra »

Hi Bill,

I've looked up Duvalias in Peter Bruyns' superb Stapeliad book (that I sort of reviewed in an earlier topic
), before Herts_Mike's posting. Yours fits best with D. caespitosa ssp. caespitosa, widespread across South Africa. It has a synonym "reclinata" - close enough to explain that unpublished name "fedinata" with poor hand-writing on a label sometime in the past?

Best wishes,
Derek Tribble,
London, UK

Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Cheers Mike and Derek.

Googled both names and snap both the same as mine, so as you say Derek looks like poor labeling issue.

Following your write up, Peter's book went on my list Derek.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Rob
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Rob »

Hi Bill

I have a poor slide somwhere of a plant of this with 3 flowers at different stages showing the process of the petals turning themselves inside out. With so many buds coming you might have a chance to get a shot of it?

Rob
BCSS member since 1980.
Plant Heritage National Collection of Turbinicarpus.
BCSS Conservation Committee member.