SeedPool - Updated

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Chris43
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

SeedPool - Updated

Post by Chris43 »

Back now from Down Under, and found a number of letters from people containing seeds on my return. Some were returns of seed offered earlier and not all used, but much of it is new seed.
The spreadsheet is available for you to download at:

I have annotated where known the seed source, a lot of the new seed is collected from plants in collections, but others are surplus from known commercial providers.

As ever, let me know the seeds you want, and I shall try to send by the most economic means possible. One word of warning, because of the need to protect the seed from crushing in automatic handling machines, I shall use a good amount of bubblewrap in my envelopes. This may, on occasion, put the postage cost into the large letter category (44p) because of the thickness.

Post Edited (11-04-06 12:06)
Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: SeedPool - Updated

Post by iann »

Thanks for the nudge. I have been lazy about sending in seed but I will get to it. Soon! Mostly succulents. Still waiting to see if some hybrids are really just selfed ;)

Cheshire, UK
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES

have a good look

Post by Tina »

Hi all

Has everyone had a good browse of the list, I can reccomend the tromotriche engleriana seeds are 'Fresh' as the ones that escaped the pod are growing in several pots they shouldn't be !!.

Also the dorstenia is 'fresh ' as there are lots invading my other plants, don't forget they like it moist.

Attachments
4SNaRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAQAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqwAAABsBBQABAAAAswAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAbAAAAuwAAADIBAgAUAAAA1gAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA6gAAAGmHBAABAAAA8AAAAMACAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl
4SNaRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAQAAAAmwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAqwAAABsBBQABAAAAswAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAbAAAAuwAAADIBAgAUAAAA1gAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgAFAAAA6gAAAGmHBAABAAAA8AAAAMACAABGVUpJRklMTQBGaW5lUGl (86.8 KiB) Viewed 1802 times
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Re: have a good look

Post by Roy »

I like that, how big is the flower?
Member Bcss
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Roy

At a guess as I'm at work (& bored) about 4cm or so, I did send you a cutting ages ago but if you want another I'll chop a bit off although the seeds seem to be growing quick.

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Post by Roy »

Hi Tina,
two great minds think alike. I have just been down to the greenhouse and checked and I do indeed still have this plant but it has never flowered for me yet. Apart from living a lot further south than me ( although I was a refugee in the big smoke for 12 years, or was I a northern missionary?), do you keep it a higher tempreture than the main greenhouse?
Member Bcss
Tina
BCSS Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Roy

No it's in the cooler section, it does like a bit more water than you would expect, mybe it just needs to mature, my plants was covered in buds & flowers the other day when I looked at it .
I'll have a look if I get time later & drag the camera down to the G/H

Tina

Bucks, UK