For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: New member

Post by Cactus Jack »

Hi Dirk, welcome, i love your Uebelmannia !!

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Dirk Everaerd
Registered Guest

Post by Dirk Everaerd »

At the end of this month Iwill have 16 huge Uebelmannia's for the modest price of 100? = about 65 Pound from someone who couldn't manage the heatingprices during winter ;I post them when I have them. Some people do not think at the difference in costs between 5? C for most of the cactusses and 15? C for Brazilians and blue cactusses.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Thanks Bill, I'll try it at home (better not at work!!Lol)

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

Hi Dirk and welcome! I love your wife's plant. Your cactus at the back or your favourites looks old.. how old is it?

I have IE and as this is not my PC I can't install something else.

However I get the music (which I love!) and lots of cactus piccies without text. The text would be lost on me anyway, I'm a newbie. ;)

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Well following Julie's post, I thought I'd have a look at the site anyway with Internet Explorer (have recently downloaded version 7) and could see Dirk's site no problem, including the text, so no need for Firefox after all!

Some gorgeous flowers & photos there Dirk!

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Dirk Everaerd
Registered Guest

Post by Dirk Everaerd »

Julie the Uebelmannia is about 30jears old ,and Maria I did not know that everything was ok with Explorer I will look now, thanks for info.

The site is not OK it is sill the same, so better with Firefox/Mozilla.

GOOD EVENING, dirk everaerd

Post Edited (11-13-06 23:13)
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Hi Dirk im very jealous! please post a photo of these plants when you get them if you dont mind..

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
Dirk Everaerd
Registered Guest

Post by Dirk Everaerd »

I would feel the same , it is a once in a liftime luck that I had , and now it gone hapens again. The picture I show af the Ario's is from plants of the same man (4 big Ario's and the Uebelmannia on the post on top for 43?) ,so I have confidence that by the end of the month I will post 16 HUGE Arios.

[IMG]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/2604 ... senpw6.jpg[/IMG]

Cordialement,
Dirk
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Dirk

Don't forget to keep us posted on your new plants, not sure that I would have space for that many Uebelmannia but you can't turn down a bargain like that, wello done on the Ario's they look beautiful !!.

Don't suppose he has a loph crest he wants to sell aswell, Oh well worth asking, I'm sure I'll track one down eventually :~).

Your Disco's are a very nice looking,how old are they ?

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
CactusChris
BCSS Member

Post by CactusChris »

Hi Dirk,
You have some very nice plants and pictures - I hope you enjoy this forum. I noticed a picture of Opuntia zebrina fm reticulata in your photos - this was a plant I looked for for many years - and now when I have spares for sale they usually go fast.

Best regards

Chris

BCSS Mid-Cheshire Branch, England - All photos copyright of C.Hynes