A new member from Thailand  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Julie
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: A new member from Thailand

Post by Julie »

Hi Stephania, what a beautiful plant. And what a huge caudex! My first thought was also, how old is it? Have you had Mr. Giant a long time?

Have fun here! I've been here a short time, met new friends and learnt a lot.

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Colin Walker
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: A new member from Thailand

Post by Colin Walker »

Hi again Stephania,

Meant to ask earlier, do you know Stephania suberosa in the wild? If so, any chance of any habitat pics please? How big does this plant get in the wild? I've never seen any habitat shots of this plant. Indeed, little seems to have been written about it.

Cheers,
Colin

FBCSS
FCSSA
Fellow of the Linnean Society (FLS)
Member of the IOS
Honorary Research Associate, The Open University
stephania

Thank you for your warm welcome!

Post by stephania »

Thanks all!
In fact, I rather have a chance to travel in many interesting places around the world,
as I am a writer in a Thai magazine for traveler, Nature Explorer magazine.
I visit Madagascar 2 times, South Africa, Bornea 3 times, China-Tibet, India-Sikkim, etc.
So, I will try my best to share you all my expeditions here.
(But...sorry for my enlish! LOL)

I was sitting by a huge specimen of Adenia sp. at Tsingy de Ankarana, North Madagascar in 2001.

[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/ ... nia-sp.jpg[/IMG]