Happy Christmas!

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Roy
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HULL
Role within the BCSS: Member

Happy Christmas!

Post by Roy »

Hi All,
we have just had our Christmas meeting and all the members of the Hull Branch BCSS are united in wishing all cacti enthusiasts, all over the world a very a very happy Christmas:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Attachments
4ShyRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAgAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACwEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAIAEAACoMAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9
4ShyRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAgAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACwEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAIAEAACoMAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9 (84.43 KiB) Viewed 1971 times
Member Bcss
Bill
Branch: None

Re: Happy Christmas!

Post by Bill »

BAH HUMBUG LOL

Christmas doesn't start in our house for at least another fortnight.

Best wishes.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Cactus Jack
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHERN IRELAND
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by Cactus Jack »

Hi Roy, thanks, and a Merry Christmas to you all on behalf of the Belfast branch. 8-))

Stephen.. Bangor. N. Ireland.
jamesfe
Registered Guest

Post by jamesfe »

Thank You, and Merry Christmas to you all at the Hull group. Going to my party tomorrow (Michigan C&SS,USA)

Spiniflores
Registered Guest

Post by Spiniflores »

nice photo and group!

:-)

Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Have a great holiday, folks!

17 people and 20 plants. That put paid to my idea that everyone brings along a plant to talk about. Unless some could not restrict themselves to just one.... :)

Christmas/Yule began today here. Trees were put up, lights and tinsel foisted opon everything that does not move, and awful jingles played by flashing antlers on a headband. Might have to relocate that to the wheelie bin when nobody is about...

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Post by Roy »

Hi Julie,
the plants were just for an identification quiz and were all very small because I had to get them in the back of the car along with a lot of other things.
Rob made a raid from across the Humber in deepest Lincolnshire (yellow belly land) and retreated back with the first prize! :-))))))))))))))))

Ps if you find a party hat don't throw that in the bin because I have it on good authority that Father Christmas says there will be a little rain dear

Post Edited (12-10-06 23:09)
Member Bcss
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

That one in the middle is the spitting image of my sister!

Macclesfield & East Cheshire Christmas meeting tomorrow night. Take along something edible and enjoy yourself. I won't be there unfortunately. I think it is also customary to take along a plant with a christmas theme, however tenuous.

Cheshire, UK
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Thanks Roy!
Merry Christmas to one & all from Shrewsbury too!!
(unfortunately our meeting was cancelled)

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Apicra »

And Happy Christmas for me! Good to see Colin well enough to join in. I enjoyed speaking to Hull Branch in September.

Harrow Branch had their Christmas meeting last Friday. Possibly our largest turn-out all year, with a glass of wine and too many treats to eat at the mid-way break, the raffle took ages .... Still the photo competition just about had enough entries to entertain us, but it will be the last with classes for slides (as well as prints). The next will be all digital.

And a Happy New Year,
Derek Tribble,
London