Bolivian Roads

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Chris43
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Re: Bolivian Roads

Post by Chris43 »

I came across an interesting way of taking corners when I was in Mexico 2 years ago. At the hairpin bends, instead of traffic keeping to its own lane (that's an optimistic phrase really), the road signs actually said to change lanes. It allowed the lorries and buses to take a wider curve without having a head on collision, and then after the bend, and before the next one, you changed lanes back again. So if you did meet one coming up the slope at you, at least you would generally be tucked away inside, and a bit more safely.

Interesting. Anyone seen similar?

Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHREWSBURY
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Well I can't look at the clip without broadband, but quite frankly, I don't know that I want to now after reading al your comments!! Lol!

Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

Its all relative. I've had American visitors who were convinced I was in somebody's garden when I took to single track country roads :)

Cheshire, UK