Crazy Bidding

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Bill
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None

Re: Crazy Bidding

Post by Bill »

Yep that's the one although his feedback count against his name is 72, if you look at his feedback he has been involved in 161 good transactions, just as mine is 339 counted but 435 total.

Phil has posted links to two different sellers, the first the subject of David's inital post re price (new_cactus, Italy) , the second (munosch, Germany) whom you have linked to is the one who withdrew the items

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by iann »

The difference between the two numbers is down to multiple ratings from the same person, which are included in the 162 but not in the 72.

Cheshire, UK
David_L
BCSS Member
Branch: CAMBRIDGE

Post by David_L »

A useful rule of thumb I use for Ebay is to be suspicious of anyone selling higher value items who doesn't take Paypal. Paypal gives a significant extra degree of buyer protection and compensation.

David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
Bill
Branch: None

Post by Bill »

Useful but not alway true, I run a Ebay account for my father-in-law and he only accepts cheques, cash and direct payment, his auctions average about ?260, he just does not like credit cards etc and using third parties a bit old fashioned.

Other things to watch out for are:

people who suddenly start selling a number of expensive items that have no relation to thier previous sales;

have not sold anything for a long time;

can only answer questions via an e-mail address rather than "ask the buyer a question"

pre-approved bidders only;

a low Buy-It-Now price;

One good way to catch scammers out is to ask about collection, often you will find the dodgy ones will reply in bad English and all of them will be very evasive. As I have mentioned before if some one spots a dodgy Land rover one we usualy have a bit of fun baiting them, we had 7 different reasons from 1 seller as to why we couldn't collect it.

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Dirk Everaerd
Registered Guest

Post by Dirk Everaerd »

ALMOST 1000? (973) Dizzy!!!!!!!1161? NOW

Post Edited (12-27-06 19:28)

Post by Guest »

Take care on some of the new listings from the same guy as this one as he is showing pictures of mature plants but they are actually seedlings.

Phil_SK
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

?1,180.27 it went for!

Post by Phil_SK »

What more is there to say? Ariocarpus
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
AntonyC
BCSS Member
Branch: BRADFORD

Post by AntonyC »

Hi Bob,
Are the plants in the advert A. Intermedius or A.Fissuratus?? Look like some that i have got labelled up as the latter.....
Ant

Growing anything I can keep alive :-)
Birmingham branch member
iann
BCSS Member

Post by iann »

Antony, the plant pictured in the eBay photo is lifted from Cactusmania where it is described as A. fissuratus v intermedius. I don't know if Cactus Plaza is connected with Cactusmania. Of course, its anybody's guess what you will actually receive, and the innacurate description doesn't add any confidence.

Cheshire, UK