....and getting ready for 2007

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
MikeT
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

....and getting ready for 2007

Post by MikeT »

Aloe contigua, grown from society seed sown 1999. The leaves have an attractive blue tinge (though like Echeverias, wax which can be wiped off), and red serrated edges. I hadn't noticed the flower stems until now; 2 stems, one branched, but all have a few shrivelled buds. It's had some extra water now to minimise further bud loss. Flower stems currently 16-18". It's the first time for flowers, so I dont know how long I'll have to wait for the first buds opening

Mike T
Sheffield branch
Attachments
4RjaRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA8BAgAJAAAAhgAAABABAgAQAAAAkAAAABoBBQABAAAAoAAAABsBBQABAAAAqAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgDaTjEBAgAnAAAAsAAAADIBAgAUAAAA2AAAABMCAwABAAAAAgDYTpiCAgALAAAA7AAAAGmHBAABAAAA+AAAAJADAABGVUpJRklMTQACRmluZVBpeDE0MDBab29tAEgAAAABAAAASAAAAAEAAABEaWd
4RjaRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA8BAgAJAAAAhgAAABABAgAQAAAAkAAAABoBBQABAAAAoAAAABsBBQABAAAAqAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgDaTjEBAgAnAAAAsAAAADIBAgAUAAAA2AAAABMCAwABAAAAAgDYTpiCAgALAAAA7AAAAGmHBAABAAAA+AAAAJADAABGVUpJRklMTQACRmluZVBpeDE0MDBab29tAEgAAAABAAAASAAAAAEAAABEaWd (65.38 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: ....and getting ready for 2007

Post by MikeT »

Leaf edges

Mike T
Attachments
4RoFRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAQAAAAngAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtAAAABsBBQABAAAAvAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAnAAAAxAAAADIBAgAUAAAA9AAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgALAAAACAEAAGmHBAABAAAAFAEAANYDAABGVUpJRklMTQAAAABGaW5lUGl4MTQwMFpvb20AAAAAAAA
4RoFRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA8BAgAJAAAAkgAAABABAgAQAAAAngAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtAAAABsBBQABAAAAvAAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAnAAAAxAAAADIBAgAUAAAA9AAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAJiCAgALAAAACAEAAGmHBAABAAAAFAEAANYDAABGVUpJRklMTQAAAABGaW5lUGl4MTQwMFpvb20AAAAAAAA (73.36 KiB) Viewed 1332 times
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: ....and getting ready for 2007

Post by Tina »

Hi Mike

Thats a nice looking Aloe, I somtimes grow these from seed for Colin W .
I always like them until they get too big & then need rehoming :~) with Doc Walker

Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.