Aloe tororoana

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Aloenut
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: BIRMINGHAM & District
Role within the BCSS: Member

Aloe tororoana

Post by Aloenut »

Hi All,

Was in the greenhouse today with my camera.

Aloe tororoana from East Africa.

Happy New Year to All.

Aloenut
Attachments
wAARCAHgAUA
wAARCAHgAUA (15.64 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Re: Aloe tororoana

Post by Roy »

Hi Frank,
interesting photo's. Just had a look around my aloes and bakeri produced a flower stalk some time ago but it just seems to have stopped and I have had under developed flowers for some time now, maybe I should give it a bit of water and see what happens.
Member Bcss
Roy
BCSS Member

Post by Roy »

just mooching through the few photo's I didn't lose, this is what bakeri looked like when it did flower.
Attachments
4RhnRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA4BAgAgAAAAhgAAAA8BAgAFAAAApgAAABABAgAKAAAAqwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtQAAABsBBQABAAAAvQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAVAAAAxQAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAA2gAAAJUCAAAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAFNPTlkAQ1lCRVJTSE9
4RhnRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAKAA4BAgAgAAAAhgAAAA8BAgAFAAAApgAAABABAgAKAAAAqwAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAtQAAABsBBQABAAAAvQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAVAAAAxQAAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAA2gAAAJUCAAAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICAgAFNPTlkAQ1lCRVJTSE9 (93.7 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
Member Bcss
Apicra
BCSS Member
Branch: HARROW
Role within the BCSS: Branch Chair

Post by Apicra »

Roy, years ago when I flowered Aloe bakeri in mid-winter, I seem to remember it had pure yellow flowers! Different, but I think I prefer it with orange tints as well!

Aloenut, nice to hear that you're back! Aloe tororoana is new to me - unusual erect flower.

Best wishes,
Derek Tribble, London
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Julie »

Hmmm.... does the pinky-orange pigment need strong sunlight to develop, and the flower is yellow without it?

Interesting!

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Roy
BCSS Member

Post by Roy »

Hi Derek,
the plant is an ISI, ISI 447.
Member Bcss