Euphorbia obessa  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Julie
Registered Guest
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Euphorbia obessa  Solved

Post by Julie »

Frank would be the person to ask... there is advice on his site for cutting out rot from Euphorbias..

I'm not sure how much of the info is common to cacti and other succulents... sorry if it's like teaching your granny... ;)

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Re: Euphorbia obessa

Post by MikeT »

Obesa does become columnar with age, but if anything wider than the base, not narrowed. The narrowed one does look as if it's etiolated.
This one is 22cm/8?" tall, in a 5" pot. It's 10cm/4" wide higher up, 7.5cm/3?" wide at the base. I don't know how old it is

Mike T
Sheffield branch
Attachments
4R+iRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAdAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACAEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAHQEAAFkEAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9
4R+iRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAALAA4BAgAgAAAAkgAAAA8BAgAYAAAAsgAAABABAgARAAAAygAAABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAA2wAAABsBBQABAAAA4wAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADEBAgAdAAAA6wAAADIBAgAVAAAACAEAABMCAwABAAAAAgAAAGmHBAABAAAAHQEAAFkEAABPTFlNUFVTIERJR0lUQUwgQ0FNRVJBICAgICAgICAgAE9 (87.89 KiB) Viewed 2254 times
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Mike, what a beautiful forby!

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
MikeT
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Branch Treasurer

Post by MikeT »

He's actually a bit tatty. I think the younger smaller globular ones tend to be much more attractive, especially the more tartan patterned ones.

Mike T
Sheffield branch
Mike T

Sheffield Branch
BCSS member26525
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Ah, I thought he was a he. :)

Aww. Mike, if you ever get bored with him, sell him to me! :)

Or, if my seeds are successful, you can have a new fresh bouncing baby one to keep him company in a couple of years. :)

Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

OK, keeping the forby talk in one place, here's a developing pod. Unlike all the others I've seen, this one has a white collar. Lack of light? Hmm.

Attachments
4QDuRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAHAA8BAgADAAAASFRDABABAgAHAAAAYgAAABoBBQABAAAAaQAAABsBBQABAAAAcQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAUAAAAeQAAAGmHBAABAAAAjQAAAAAAAABIZXJtZXMASAAAAAEAAABIAAAAAQAAADIwMDc6MDE6MDQgMTY6MDI6NDIABQADkAIAFAAAANEAAAAAkAcABAAAADAyMTAJkgMAAQAAAAAAAAA
4QDuRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAHAA8BAgADAAAASFRDABABAgAHAAAAYgAAABoBBQABAAAAaQAAABsBBQABAAAAcQAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAADIBAgAUAAAAeQAAAGmHBAABAAAAjQAAAAAAAABIZXJtZXMASAAAAAEAAABIAAAAAQAAADIwMDc6MDE6MDQgMTY6MDI6NDIABQADkAIAFAAAANEAAAAAkAcABAAAADAyMTAJkgMAAQAAAAAAAAA (10.11 KiB) Viewed 2254 times

Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

OK, this pod fell off without getting any bigger, and so I did a Roy on it. It had one little clear wet soft seed which dried to a paper in the time it took me to eat lunch.

Pics are stuck in the camera, the pooter won't talk to it. *sigh*