Yucca queretaroensis fh 0360  Solved

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
fritz
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa

Yucca queretaroensis fh 0360  Solved

Post by fritz »

yucca fans etc.

Yucca queretaroensis fh 0360 (20 year old individium) in cultivation.

all the best in 2007

merci fritz
Attachments
4QDkRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAVgAAABsBBQABAAAAXgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAGmHBAABAAAAZgAAAAAAAABIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAAABwAAkAcABAAAADAyMDABkQcABAAAAAECAwCGkgIAHAAAAMAAAAAAoAcABAAAADAxMDEBoAMAAQAAAAE
4QDkRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAGABIBAwABAAAAAQAAABoBBQABAAAAVgAAABsBBQABAAAAXgAAACgBAwABAAAAAgAAABMCAwABAAAAAQAAAGmHBAABAAAAZgAAAAAAAABIAAAAAQAAAEgAAAABAAAABwAAkAcABAAAADAyMDABkQcABAAAAAECAwCGkgIAHAAAAMAAAAAAoAcABAAAADAxMDEBoAMAAQAAAAE (98.2 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
Vic
Registered Guest
Branch: BRADFORD
Role within the BCSS: Seed Purchaser

Re: Yucca queretaroensis fh 0360

Post by Vic »

Nice plant Fritz!

Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Julie »

Beautiful! A green firework captured on slow film. :)

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

Even prettier when you see them in the wild...

Fritz - I understand you have had some contact from a guy called Nick Macer. What he has to say in fascinating, in that there is a large yucca in the Prince of Wales Conservatory at Kew labelled Yucca radiosa (a defunct name for Yucca elata) that he believes, having seen them in habitat, to be Yucca queretaroensis. I have had a very close look at the plant and, having also seen them in the wild plus now being the proud owner of a specimen, I would wholeheartedly agree with him. For one thing no other yucca has quadrangulate leaves, and this one most definitely does.

But for me the MOST interesting thing is that the acquisition date on the label says 1973, fully 13 years BEFORE Yucca queretaroensis was fully described as a species. Makes you wonder where the plant came from, and how many others there are knocking about in botanical collections around Europe masquerading as other yuccas.

Post Edited (01-06-07 20:54)
www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
fritz

Post by fritz »

ja paul, great pic. i am not sure paul about the kew plant. ja nick contacted me. i must seen the plant in kew. however, radiosa is not correct.

see band III, yucca mexico, page 202, fig. 259, comparison of cross sections of yucca leaves (original size).

merci fritz
fritz

Post by fritz »

merci julie
Paul in Essex
BCSS Member
Branch: SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Post by Paul in Essex »

Fritz I have your yucca book(s). I also have the plants! The leaf cross section is right, as is everything else. No doubt in my mind but, when you are next in England try to find time to visit the yucca. There aren't that many people around who have seen this plant in the flesh to be able to tell for sure!

www.oasisdesigns.co.uk

Exotic garden design.
fritz

Post by fritz »

ja will do paul, thank you. however, if so, scusi amateurs in kew (in this case)...

merci fritz