Mesa Garden 2007 Seed list

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
David_L
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: CAMBRIDGE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Mesa Garden 2007 Seed list

Post by David_L »

Hi Eveyone

I expect a lot of us are already "all seeded out", but just to let you know Linda & Steven Brack's Mesa Garden 2007 seed list is out.

and a very fine list it is too. In my experience ordering of non CITES seed is quite quick and efficient and even the $12 needed for a CITES permit not that expensive with the dollar where it is if you are ordering a fair amount of seed.

David

Bromley Branch
Mainly small Cacti + a few Mesembs.
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Re: Mesa Garden 2007 Seed list

Post by Chris43 »

Thanks David. I checked the site yesterday, and it was still 2006, so you must have been one of the first to spot it had been updated.

There are some interesting seeds on sale. I'm a bit of a Mammillaria freak, and I see that M. machucae is on offer. Also some nice Cory's, kracikii and hintonii ssp. geoffreyi. Lost of others as well. But I have about 80 species already, some sown, and the rest to sow this year, so I think I'll have to pass.

I did manage to get some plants of machucae last year and get a couple of manana from seed, so I think I'm covered. Also it will be interesting to see if they are the same - at this stage they look similar, but too young yet to know.

Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE

Post by iann »

Shhh, I'm trying to cut down!

Cheshire, UK
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

For anyone in the UK unfamiliar with ordering seed from abroad it's probably worth linking to details of how it can be done through their UK agent, David Rushforth, in ? sterling very easily. All this is hidden at the bottom of their overseas orderform which isn't the first place you might look.
As long as you don't choose seed marked # and you stick to seed not plants you don't need any fancy paperwork and the P&P, $4.50 (about ?2.32 today) is reasonable.

Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Julie
Registered Guest
Branch: None

Post by Julie »

Aaah, thanks for that info, Phil. It's the sort of thing I would not have known otherwise.

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.
Chris43
BCSS Member
Branch: HIGH WYCOMBE
Role within the BCSS: Branch Vice Chair

Post by Chris43 »

I must admit, I've always ordered direct from Mesa Garden. Just download the order form, add credit card details, and email it back. Very quick and efficient delivery, I've found.
But if you are worried about sending credit card information, then I'm sure David R is a good route.

Chris, Chinnor, Oxon, UK
Mammillaria enthusiast
BCSS High Wycombe Branch.
http://www.woodedge.me.uk/Home.html
Vladimir
Registered Guest

Post by Vladimir »

Hi Chris

For couple years already you can use secure form at mesagarden site for credit card orders. Order goes in e-mail, but card information you can send using that form

Vlad