Forum software upgrade

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Member

Forum software upgrade

Post by iann »

The forum software (Phorum) is going to be upgraded to the latest version. The forum will be unavailable for a short time starting at midnight tonight. Hopefully only Roy will notice the outage at this time :)

Following the upgrade, things will look similar, but you will notice a few differences. I'll post something at that time to hopefully help you find the things that moved. All messages and users should remain present and correct in the new system.

Cheshire, UK
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HULL

Re: Forum software upgrade

Post by Roy »

I may even stay up to watch it :-)))))))))))))))))
Member Bcss
James Pickering
BCSS Member
Branch: None

Post by James Pickering »

I will be watching this "eclipse" -- it will only be 5pm local time here in Tucson, Arizona.

James

James
Cactus cultivation notes (secure web site)
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
Bill

Post by Bill »

Well good luck to those involved, having seen upgrades go pear shaped before leaving the forums in question either less functional or out of action for days you'll need it. On the other hand with Phorum being less complex than other software you might not have any problem at all. LOL

Mainly Haworthia and Gasteria, a few other South African succulents and the odd spiky thing.
Julie
Registered Guest

Post by Julie »

Good luck with the upgrade! :)

Happy carrier of Forby Disorder - an obsession with Euphorbia obesa.

NB. Anyone failing to provide a sensible name for me to address them will be called, or referred to, as Fred.