Cactology close to the end

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
Tina
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Re: Cactology close to the end

Post by Tina »

Hi Phil & Vic

As you know I can be a little chatty :) I had emailed John about a soil warming cable & some other bits and he is trying to entice me into buying some plants.

John -"I know you've said you don't buy plants by post, but I thought I'd tell you that all nursery stock is now just 50p per plant.

so get shopping !!!!!
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
Phil_SK
Branch: MACCLESFIELD & EAST CHESHIRE
Role within the BCSS: Forum Moderator

Post by Phil_SK »

When I've bought plants (visiting) his prices are a bit arbitrary anyway. Think of a number, knock a bit off and then round it down (though I've had a good number each time). I think that vagueness on his website has probably lost him a few customers.
Have you had bad experiences buying mail order? I'd be lost without it. We're luck our C&S are so easy to post. Wouldn't do it in winter though.
Phil Crewe, BCSS 38143. Mostly S. American cacti, esp. Lobivia, Sulcorebutia and little Opuntia
Tina
BCSS Member
Branch: NORTHAMPTON & MILTON KEYNES
Role within the BCSS: Member

Post by Tina »

Hi Phil

Had one bad experince that put me off a little but also there aren't many cacti that I want, just the odd loph crest, aztekium hintonii & some pedio's.

Now if we were talking succulents there would be lots but I like to see what I'm buying, If I visited the nursery I wouldn't come out empty handed but just in talks to get some cono burgeri, now they are really cute ;) (look at Tom jacobs plants)
Tina

varied collection of succulents and cacti but I especially like Euphorbia's, Ariocarpus and variegated agaves.

Bucks, UK
Branch co-ordinator, Northants & MK BCSS https://northants.bcss.org.uk
BCSS Talk team member, contact me- BCSS.Talk@Gmail.com if you want to volunteer or suggest a speaker plz.
John Pusey
Registered Guest

Re: Cactology Sale - some at 50 p if you order enough

Post by John Pusey »

I'm pleased to have heard thro the Phorum about Cactology's sale. A parcel of plants arrived today Wed after being dispatched on Mon - only half unpacked so far, but plants seem to be in good order, very well rooted, and larger than I expected. Initially, I ordered a couple of dozen, at 65 p and ?1 each, and all but two were available; and when I indicated I would go ahead, I was then offered any additions to the order at 50 p.
John Pusey