My flowers for today

For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation and exhibition of cacti & other succulents.
Forum rules
For the discussion of topics related to the conservation, cultivation, propagation, exhibition & science of cacti & other succulents only.

Please respect all forum members opinions and if you can't make a civil reply, don't reply!
iann
BCSS Member
https://www.behance.net/kuchnie-warszawa
Branch: LUTON
Role within the BCSS: Member

My flowers for today

Post by iann »

Its not a lot but its the best I've got today. I brought this inside to dry out last night because it got wet during the storms and these buds which have been waiting for about 3 months decided to open.
[img]http://nartowicz.users.btopenworld.com/ ... carea4.jpg[/img]
Cheshire, UK
Roy
BCSS Member
Branch: HUDDERSFIELD

Re: My flowers for today

Post by Roy »

My plants have got buds on them but have not opened as yet but I was surprised when people were posting photo's of them in flower six months ago
Member Bcss
iann
BCSS Member
Branch: LUTON

Post by iann »

Maybe I just mention the name! Titanopsis calcarea. Mine started flowering in September, not quite six months ago. Autumn is the standard time for them to flower in a habitat with very hot dry summers and very cold winters, but our mild summers don't seem to put them into dormancy and our winters don't seem to be cold enough to do it either!
Cheshire, UK
Maria J
BCSS Member
Branch: SHEFFIELD
Role within the BCSS: Fellows

Post by Maria J »

Well as they say, even just one is better than none!! And you've got two ;)
Nice photo Ian.
Maria
Shrewsbury Branch - Shropshire UK
Joined BCSS April 06 (# 48776)

Tending more towards cacti :D, particularly Gymnocalyciums, Rebutias, Sulcorebutias, Echinopses, Thelos, Feros and Mamms (and anything else I like the look of!) all in an 8 x 6 polycarb greenhouse and a few windowsills!